Volunteer Agreement for Alliance for Smiles mission to Retalhuleu, Guatemala – February 26 to March 9, 2023
Your Name (required)
Your Email (required)
Your Address (required)
Your Phone Number (required)
This agreement is by and between: Alliance for Smiles Inc, 2565 Third Street, Suite 237, San Francisco, CA and the individual named above.
Whereas Alliance for Smiles (AfS) is a nonprofit charitable organization which sponsors projects to provide free reconstructive surgery for indigent children and adults in countries around the world, and desires to send volunteers to AfS furtherance of this objective. Now therefore in consideration of the premises, promises, and mutual benefits to the parties hereto agree as follows:
1. TERM – The term of this agreement shall be from the signature date to 30 days after the end of the mission.
2. DUTIES – The volunteer’s duties shall include travel to destinations designated by AfS, administration of health, welfare, and social needs of patients and the community at such destinations, and such other duties incident to the project, as determined by and at the discretion of the medical and volunteer team leaders.
3. TRANSPORTATION AND ACCOMMODATIONS – AfS shall provide transportation for the medical volunteers and assist in making arrangements for non-medical volunteers’ round trip transportation from the major airport near volunteers city of record and the destination city. AfS shall provide volunteers with adequate food and lodging during the programmed dates of the medical mission and any extension pre-authorized by AfS. AfS shall not be responsible for any other incidental expenses incurred by volunteer during or after the medical mission, or food and lodging incurred by volunteer after the medical mission has been completed. Volunteer agrees to pay any and all personal expenses not provided by AfS. If a trip is postponed or cancelled by AfS, the volunteer agrees to return all plane tickets which AfS purchased. If volunteer cancels participation for any reason after airplane tickets have been purchased by AfS, volunteer shall reimburse AfS for any loss incurred on airline tickets.
4. WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND INSURANCE – Volunteer waives all liability of AfS for his/her conduct whether negligent or not, to the fullest extent allowed by law. Volunteer expressly assumes responsibility for, and is encouraged to, procure at his/her own expense, health, life and travel insurance. AfS shall have no responsibility to provide insurance coverage of any kind for the volunteer.
5. PHOTO & VIDEO RELEASE – Volunteer gives AfS (and any agent, client, representative, or licensee they may designate) the right to use any photographs/film/video/audio recordings taken. Such images will be copyrighted by AfS, and will be published/distributed throughout the world under their copyright. The images may be used with or without volunteer’s name as AfS (and any agent, client, representative, or licensee they may designate) sees fit. Volunteer has no right to inspect any usages made of these images.
6. ILLNESS – If the volunteer, because of illness or injury, must return home, AfS will seek to, but does not guarantee arrangement of such transportation. AfS does not assume any responsibility for any costs of medical care or treatment for the volunteer. AfS shall not, in any case or under any circumstances, be liable for damages from any injury or damage incurred if suffered by the volunteer while serving pursuant to and during and after the term of this agreement.
7. VACCINATIONS – AfS requires all volunteers to be vaccinated against Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, and COVID-19. You are considered fully vaccinated against COVID-19 two weeks (14 days) after your dose of an accepted single-dose vaccine or two weeks (14 days) after your second dose of an accepted 2-dose series.
8. TERMINATION BY VOLUNTEER – In the event that the volunteer terminates service with AfS prior to the end of the term of this agreement for any reason not necessitated by health or injury, any accommodations or other benefits provided shall cease upon termination of service.
9. TERMINATION BY AfS – AfS reserves the right to terminate this contract at any time. If the contract is terminated by AfS during a visit to another country, volunteer agrees to leave the team immediately.
10. RELATIONSHIP – The volunteer is not an employee or agent of AfS.
11. APPLICABLE LAW – The laws of the state of California, USA shall govern this agreement and if any dispute arises hereunder, it shall be arbitrated before the American Arbitration Association in San Francisco, California.
Today's Date (required)
By clicking "Submit" I agree to all terms above.